CARE Conference: Accounting for Sustainability and Responsible Investing
September 29 @ 11:00 am - 6:30 pm
There is no denying the global climate is changing. 2019 was the second warmest year on record, and ended the warmest decade on record. Climate change is affecting every continent on earth, disrupting the economy and affecting lives. The Paris Agreement, adopted in 2015, aims to strengthen the ability of countries to deal with the impacts of climate change through appropriate financial flows and new technology frameworks; additionally, the UN Secretary-General has proposed six climate-positive actions for governments to take as they begin to individually and collectively begin to build back the economy post-pandemic. Companies will need to adopt long-term systemic shifts to address the changes necessary to comply with the Paris Agreement. This conference feature 70 industry and academic speakers who will discuss some of the changes that will be necessary to create the accounting framework for sustainability and responsible investing necessary moving forward.
- Key thoughts from climate scientists
- Can ESG reporting be consistent with basic accounting principles
- Why, should, and how can accounting and finance academics become involved
- Thoughts and ideas from accounting practitioners and standard setters
- Thoughts and ideas from accounting academics
- Thoughts and ideas from finance academics
- Thoughts and ideas from finance and investment practitioners
- Measuring, managing, and monetizing the impact of sustainability
- Implementation issues
- Youth engagement
This event is being held in conjunction with the Sustainable Investment Forum North America 2021.