BRITE Women Project
The BRITE Women Project (Board Readiness Initiative to Empower Women Project) seeks to equip women to provide transformational nonprofit board leadership that benefits their communities.
Our priorities include:
- Offering training and networking opportunities for aspiring, first-time and veteran nonprofit board directors.
- Connecting nonprofits with women who want to serve.
- Preparing men to be allies in increasing female representation on nonprofit boards.
For more information about the BRITE Women Project and to sign up to receive news about future opportunities, contact Joan McClendon at 574-631-5320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Diversity of thought and perspective helps nonprofit boards and their associated organizations serve their communities better when all the voices are around the table."Angela Logan, St. Andre Bessette Director of Nonprofit Professional Development
Events & Workshops
Degree Type: Non-degree Certificate (Continuing Education Units are available)
Cost: $995.00 (including 4 additional professional development sessions). To receive the $300 off, sign up with the promotional code BRITE300.
Women in the United States are underrepresented on nonprofit and for-profit boards, and those who serve on those boards could add to their skill set with additional training in board governance, managing resources, networking and other executive skills. This non-degree certificate education boot camp is designed for women who currently serve or are interested in serving on nonprofit boards. The Board Readiness Initiative to Empower Women (BRITE) Women Project will prepare women with nonprofit financial skills, and the readiness needed to attain a board seat and serve effectively on nonprofit boards.
- “Business as a Force for Good” with Angela Logan
- Elevating Your Networking: Taking your ability to connect with others to the next level with Alice Obermiller
- Nonprofit Financials with Katherine Spiess
- Creating a Culture of Giving in your Organization with Aimee Laramore
- Work-Life Integration with Nancy Owsianowski
- Confident and Effective Communication with Amanda McKendree
- Elevate your Professional Profile with LaTonia Ferguson
Who Should Attend?
- Women interested in or currently serving on nonprofit boards, including college/universities, hospitals
- Emerging leaders and young professionals
- Nonprofit leaders
- Women passionate about social justice and impact
- Understanding nonprofit financial statements
- Effective communication skills for board service
- Expand their professional leadership skills
- Networking opportunities
- Practical and experiential nonprofit board learning experience
A workshop with Amanda G. McKendree, Arthur F. and Mary J. O’Neil Director of the Fanning Center for Business Communication and associate teaching professor of Management & Organization at Mendoza College of Business.
A workshop with Mary Adeniyi, a learning & organizational development consultant at Notre Dame.
Details and registration link coming soon. To sign up for email updates, contact Joan McClendon at 574-631-5320 or email@example.com.