Accountancy Application Requirements
General Application Requirements
- Official GMAT score report (Notre Dame code: XM72D73)
- Try our GMAT mini quiz to get an idea of what kinds of questions you’ll face on the GMAT
- Academic transcripts from all previous undergraduate or graduate education (unofficial copies are fine for applying, but you will need official transcripts prior to starting the program)
- Two recommendations
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report (international students only, Notre Dame code: 2456)
- Current resume
- Slide presentation (up to four slides)
- One essay (maximum of two pages) – Choose ONE of the essay topics below
Essay Option #1
MSA alumni often refer to the collaborative nature of the program as a highlight of their experience at Notre Dame. MSA students take classes, tackle group projects, and overcome challenges together as a group while gaining a deeper understanding of accounting. Different perspectives from one another’s academic and personal backgrounds enhance the classroom experience and prepare students for a team orientated workplace.
Tell us about a time when you achieved a goal or took on a challenge as a member of a team.
Essay Option #2
The University of Notre Dame was founded in 1842, by Father Edward Sorin, C.S.C, with a mission to become “one of the most powerful means for doing good in this country.” In 1879, Father Sorin’s vision for Notre Dame appeared to be at a sudden, abrupt end. A massive fire destroyed the building that housed virtually the entire University. Instead of giving up, Father Sorin interpreted the fire as a sign that he had dreamed too small and decided to rebuild, bigger and better than ever. That Main Building still stands today, topped by the gleaming Golden Dome, not only as an iconic campus building, but as an ongoing symbol of perseverance and vision.
Tell us the story of a time in your own life or career when you had to overcome an obstacle, start over, or rebuild.
- Accountancy I (Financial Accounting)
- Accountancy II (Managerial Accounting)
- Measurement and Disclosure I (Intermediate Accounting I)
- Measurement and Disclosure II (Intermediate Accounting II)
- Strategic Cost Management (Cost Accounting)
- Audit & Assurance Services
- Federal Taxation
Do you have a strong quantitative background and have taken Accounting I and II? Check out our Accounting Immersion Program to get you ready for the Master’s in Accountancy.