EMNA Application Requirements
General Application Requirements
The Notre Dame EMNA Program offers qualified applicants the opportunity to apply for a GRE waiver.
Applicants to the Executive MNA Program may be eligible for a GRE waiver if they fully satisfy any of the following waiver options:
- A minimum of 8 years of nonprofit executive level experience in management of people, budgets and overall business unit.
- A minimum of 5 years nonprofit managerial or supervisory experience and successful completion of an approved quantitative MNA graduate course (e.g. MNA 70750 Accounting for Nonprofit Managers or MNA 70760 Employment Law) with a final grade of “B” or better.
- A minimum of 2 years nonprofit work experience, and an acceptable GPA (3.0 minimum) earned in conjunction with a conferred graduate degree that involved some business coursework.
To request an exemption, an eligible applicant must submit by email (email@example.com) or within the application:
(1) a resume and
(2) a paragraph outlining the reporting structure of the organization(s) at which the applicant acquired the work experience that satisfies one of the options above; the budget responsibilities the applicant held at the organization(s); and the supervisory responsibilities the applicant held at the organization(s).
The Program Director reviews requests for an exemption and makes a recommendation to the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee makes the final decision on requests for exemption. The decision is based on a holistic review of the request and the Admission Committee’s determination of whether an admission decision can be reached without a GRE score for the applicant.
It’s solely the responsibility of each applicant requesting an exemption to submit the request sufficiently in advance of the registration deadline.
Applicants are advised to submit a request for exemption no less than one month before the deadline of any GRE exam the applicant is considering taking if the exemption is not granted. In no event shall the University be responsible to an applicant for any consequences resulting from its inability to provide the applicant with a decision on an exemption request within two weeks of the submission of the request or within any other time period.
The Admissions Committee seeks to notify applicants of a decision approximately two weeks after the applicant submits an exemption request.
Applicants not granted an exemption from the GRE requirement according to the foregoing process or not eligible to request such an exemption are required to take and submit a score for the GRE to be considered for admission to the Executive MNA Program.
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Official transcript(s)
• Official scores from the TOEFL®, PTE®, or IELTS® required of all non-U.S. citizen applicants (and U.S. citizen applicants, who have lived/studied extensively in other countries)
• Two recommendations (requested by e-form within the application)
• Complete online application
• At least two years full-time, post-baccalaureate nonprofit experience in the management of people, projects or budget units
• Official scores from the GMAT® or GRE®; waiver option available within the application
• Interview dependent upon qualifications
• Application fee of $50
First Summer Term (required dates)
Friday, June 14 – Saturday, June 29
Note: Students may take up to four weeks of courses the first summer.