EMBA Application Requirements
- At least eight years of significant work experience
- Active employment
- Demonstrated employer support
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, or GMAT or Executive Assessment (EA) score and professional experience acceptable to the Admissions Committee (South Bend candidates only)
- The University of Notre Dame Executive MBA Program does not require GMAT scores for most applicants. However, we may ask some applicants to take the GMAT or Executive Assessment to help assess their academic readiness. The Executive Assessment (EA) is specifically designed to evaluate the business school readiness of seasoned professionals. The assessment focuses on skills that are critical both at work and in programs for experienced professionals: higher order reasoning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. Because it was designed specifically for experienced professionals, it requires modest preparation, takes only 90 minutes to complete, and includes flexible rescheduling options. The test is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), creators of the GMAT® exam. To learn more about the Executive Assessment and testing arrangements, visit gmac.com/ea.
- English as a native language or passing score on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- International applicants – Per U.S. government visa requirements, applicants to the Notre Dame Executive MBA who are not U.S. citizens, or in the U.S. on a visa permitting study (e.g. H-1B, L-1, etc.), are required to obtain an F-1 student visa.
General Application Requirements
- Academic transcripts from all previous undergraduate education, including transfer credits
- At least two recommendations, including one from a current supervisor
- If one recommendation is not from a current supervisor, a separate statement of support from your employer is required
- Personal essays
- $100 non-refundable application fee