One-Year MBA Application Requirements
General Application Requirements
- Official test score report (GMAT or GRE)
- Try our GMAT mini quiz to get an idea of what kinds of questions you’ll face on the GMAT.
- Academic transcripts from all previous undergraduate or graduate education (unofficial copies are fine for applying, but you will need the official copies prior to starting the program)
- Two recommendations
- Slide presentation (up to four slides)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic score report (international students only)
- Statement of Purpose (see below)
- One essay (maximum of two pages) – Choose ONE of the essay topics below
Statement of Purpose (100 words or less)
Please share your short-term professional goals. What role does a Notre Dame MBA play in helping you achieve these goals?
Essay Option #1
Cardinal O’Hara established the Mendoza College of Business at Notre Dame in 1921, firmly committed to the idea that “the primary function of commerce is service to mankind”. As the world economy continues to grow and change, how do you see business acting as a positive force in the world?
Essay Option #2
The University of Notre Dame was founded in 1842, by Father Edward Sorin, C.S.C, with a mission to become “one of the most powerful means for doing good in this country”. In 1879, Father Sorin’s vision for Notre Dame appeared to be at a sudden, abrupt end. A massive fire destroyed the building that housed virtually the entire University. Instead of giving up, Father Sorin interpreted the fire as a sign that he had dreamed too small, and decided to rebuild, bigger and better than ever. That Main Building still stands today, topped by the gleaming Golden Dome, not only as an iconic campus building, but as an ongoing symbol of perseverance and vision.
Tell us the story of a time in your own life or career when you had to overcome an obstacle, start over, or rebuild.