The purpose of the Boardroom Insights series is to invite executives to reflect on critical issues and experiences in the business world, sharing their insights in a mix of lecture and discussion sessions.
Dan Hesse, CEO of Sprint Nextel who earned his bachelor’s degree from Notre Dame, starts off the series on Thursday. Hesse previously served as chairman and CEO of Embarq Corp., chairman, president and CEO of Terabeam Corp. and president and CEO of AT&T Wireless Services.
With the exception of the first lecture by Hesse, which will take place at 4 p.m. on Thursday, all lectures will be held at 10:40 a.m. in the Mendoza College’s Jordan auditorium. Talks are free and open to the public.
Here are the other speakers in the 2009 Boardroom Insights series:
- Sept. 18: Gregg Steinhafel, CEO of Target Corp.
- Oct. 2: Daniel Jorndt, former CEO of Walgreen Co.
- Oct. 9: Pat Ward, vice president and chief financial officer of Cummins Inc.
- Nov. 6: Kathy DiGorno, vice president of Medtronic Co.
- Nov. 20: Michael Holston, vice president of Hewlett-Packard
For more information about Boardroom Insights, visit http://business.nd.edu/news_and_events/speaker_series/boardroom_insights.