CEOs from some of the best-known companies in the world will be featured speakers for 2014 Boardroom Insights, an annual speaker series presented by the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame.
Boardroom Insights is a signature series of the Mendoza College that presents top executives discussing issues and trends in their industries and companies, which range from banking and financial services, to mining, retail food and products, and philanthropy.
The series kicks off on Sept. 19 with a talk by Wendy’s President and CEO Emil J. Brolick, a top executive with more than 30 years leadership experience in the quick-serve food industry. Other speakers include Mary Dillon, CEO of Ulta Beauty; Jean Case, CEO of the Case Foundation; Wayne Murdy, former CEO of Newmont Mining Corp.; Michael O’Neill, chairman of Citigroup; Richard Lenny, former CEO of The Hershey Co.; and Paul Purcell, CEO of Baird Financial Group.
“Each year, Boardroom Insights brings in leaders who provide our students and guests with first-hand accounts of events shaping global trends in business,” said Roger D. Huang, Martin J. Gillen Dean of the Mendoza College of Business. “The list of speakers is always remarkable in terms of the thought leadership represented, but 2014 promises to be the strongest series yet.”
The talks, which are free and open to the public, are held on select Fridays from 10:40 a.m.-12:10 p.m. in Mendoza’s Jordan Auditorium. Each talk includes a Q&A session, where attendees can discuss issues with the speaker.
The full schedule is:
- Sept. 19: Emil Brolick, president and CEO, The Wendy's Company
- Oct. 3: Wayne Murdy, retired chairman & former CEO, Newmont Mining Corporation
- Oct. 10: Michael O'Neill, chairman, Citigroup, Inc.
- Oct. 31: Paul Purcell, chairman & CEO, Baird Financial Group
- Nov. 14: Mary Dillon, CEO, Ulta Beauty
- Nov. 21: Jean Case, CEO, Case Foundation
- Dec. 5: Richard H. Lenny, former president, chair and CEO of The Hershey Co.