Specialized Master's Programs: MS in Finance
- Offered at our Chicago Campus12-month program based in Chicago at our Michigan Ave. campus.
Our Master of Science in Finance (MSF) is a one-year, 35-credit hour degree program that will prepare you to excel in the complex world of finance. The program meets bi-weekly at our Chicago Michigan Ave. campus, allowing you to continue to work.
Through the MSF program, you will master finance terminology, tools, techniques, and analytical frameworks that are required to truly have an impact in your organization. You will learn how to integrate financial analyses into the context of an overall business strategy. Your expanded ability to make decisions ethically, work collaboratively, and communicate effectively through reports and presentations will help you achieve the highest professional standards.
An academic background in finance is not required to enroll in the MSF. Additionally, those with undergraduate degrees in finance will also find the program valuable for gaining additional tools and knowledge.
- Location We are located on Notre Dame’s historic campus in South Bend and downtown Chicago, on Michigan Ave.
Why get an MSF?
- Deepen your business and financial acumen
- Provide tools, techniques and frameworks to understand the impact of finance to your organization
- Build your confidence to put ideas into motion
- Forward-thinking, finance-focused students interested in paving a path in finance, accelerating advancement or pivoting into a finance-related field
- Business men and women with a sufficient comfort level with quantitative topics
- Those who prefer to have personal classroom interaction with faculty
- 12-month program based in Chicago at our Michigan Ave. campus
- Three week-long intensive sessions at Notre Dame
- Classes meet on alternating weekends (Fri/Sat; 9am-6pm)
- Four credit hour capstone course to integrate the material, tools and concepts of the program
Master of Science in Finance
The Notre Dame MSF program provides students with the expertise to help organizations become more efficient and effective. Our students learn corporate financial analysis and reporting, working capital management and asset utilization to improve financing the firm. Candidates also develop expertise in M&A, investing and markets, equity valuation and derivatives. Because ethics play such a large role in our curriculum, our MSF candidates are well prepared to address ethical challenges associated with risk management, compliance and international finance. Our students master the program through a capstone experiential consulting opportunity that identifies the financial levers of an actual client's business challenge.
- Program Length: 1 year
- Average Age: 29
- Work Experience: 2 years experience preferred
The accelerating complexity of global finance demands professionals with the absolute latest financial acumen and business savvy. Notre Dame seamlessly integrates these core objectives into a rigorous, exciting one-year Master of Science in Finance program.”
Academic Director, MSF Program
Professor of the Practice
Thought leader for Forbes, The New York Times and many other national outlets