MSBA Application Requirements
General Application Requirements
The following prerequisite coursework is required by applicants to the program:
- One Statistics course
- Two business courses in Accounting, Finance, Management, or Marketing
Applications for the Notre Dame Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program must contain each of the following elements:
- Official GMAT or GRE score report
- Try our GMAT mini quiz to get an idea of what kinds of questions you’ll face on the GMAT.
- Academic transcripts from all previous undergraduate or graduate education (unofficial copies are accepted for admission, but are required prior to starting the program)
- Two (2) recommendations
- One slide presentation (up to four slides)
- One essay (maximum of two pages) – choose ONE of the essay topics below:
- Essay Option #1:
MSBA students have the distinct opportunity to benefit from a cohort structure during the first half of the program. They take classes, tackle group projects, and overcome challenges together as a small, tight-knit group. They gain a well-rounded perspective from one another’s diverse academic and professional experiences which they apply to the culminating capstone project in the second half of the program. Tell us about a time when you achieved a goal or took on a challenge as a member of a team.
- Essay Option #2:
The University of Notre Dame was founded in 1842, by Father Edward Sorin, C.S.C, with a mission to become “one of the most powerful means for doing good in this country.” In 1879, Father Sorin’s vision for Notre Dame appeared to be at a sudden, abrupt end. A massive fire destroyed the building that housed virtually the entire University. Instead of giving up, Father Sorin interpreted the fire as a sign that he had dreamed too small and decided to rebuild, bigger and better than ever. That Main Building still stands today, topped by the gleaming Golden Dome, not only as an iconic campus building, but as an ongoing symbol of perseverance and vision. Tell us the story of a time in your own life or career when you had to overcome an obstacle, start over, or rebuild.
- Essay Option #1:
- Official TOEFL, PTE, IELTS academic score report (international candidates who do not have degrees from English-speaking undergraduate programs)
- After an initial screening, candidates may be invited to interview. If you plan on visiting Notre Dame, you are encouraged to schedule an interview, even if you have not yet submitted an application or received an invitation.