MSM Application Requirements
General Application Requirements
Applications for the Notre Dame Master of Science in Management (MSM) program must contain each of the following elements:
- Academic transcripts from all previous undergraduate or graduate education (unofficial copies are accepted for admission, but are required prior to starting the program)
- Two recommendations
- Official GMAT or GRE test score report
- Try our GMAT mini quiz to get an idea of what kinds of questions you’ll face on the GMAT.
- Official TOEFL, PTE, IELTS academic score report (international candidates who do not have degrees from English-speaking undergraduate programs)
- One slide presentation
- One essay (maximum of two pages) – Choose ONE of the essay topics below.
- Essay Option #1:
MSM alumni often refer to the cohort structure of the program as a highlight of their experience at Notre Dame. MSM students take classes, tackle group projects, and overcome challenges together as a small, tight-knit group. They gain perspective from one another’s diverse academic backgrounds and learn the language of business together. Tell us about a time when you achieved a goal or took on a challenge as a member of a team.
- Essay Option #2:
The University of Notre Dame was founded in 1842, by Father Edward Sorin, C.S.C, with a mission to become “one of the most powerful means for doing good in this country.” In 1879, Father Sorin’s vision for Notre Dame appeared to be at a sudden, abrupt end. A massive fire destroyed the building that housed virtually the entire University. Instead of giving up, Father Sorin interpreted the fire as a sign that he had dreamed too small, and decided to rebuild, bigger and better than ever. That Main Building still stands today, topped by the gleaming Golden Dome, not only as an iconic campus building, but as an ongoing symbol of perseverance and vision. Tell us the story of a time in your own life or career when you had to overcome an obstacle, start over, or rebuild.
- Essay Option #1:
- After an initial screening, candidates may be invited to interview. If you plan on visiting Notre Dame, you are encouraged to schedule an interview, even if you have not yet submitted an application or received an invitation.