MBA / Science Dual Degree
For scientists eager to get down to business
Through the MBA / Science Dual Degree program, you will earn both a bachelor’s degree through the College of Science and an MBA from Mendoza in just five years.
Not only will you enter the workforce earlier than most MBA graduates, you will do so with a deep knowledge in your scientific field of study that’s complemented by an understanding of how to leverage your findings in the free market.
Our graduates pursue successful careers across a wide range of professions, including:
- Research management
- Pharmaceutical product development
- Business analysis for biotech companies
Highlights: MBA / Science Dual Degree
Develop a greater understanding of both the natural and the business world
As an MBA / Science Dual Degree student, you will join other curious and independent thinkers in an accelerated program that provides the resources and experiences necessary to pursue your distinctive interests—and flourish in whatever career path to which they lead.
Integral Leadership Development
Leadership is at the forefront of the Notre Dame experience. Before your MBA classes begin, you will take a deep dive into yourself through the Integral Leadership Development program. This inside-out approach to leadership will help you understand your core values and your personal leadership style to positively impact your teams, organizations and the greater business community.
Teamwork makes the dream work
Answering the most pressing scientific problems of today takes scientists collaborating together across disciplines. As a student in the MBA / Science Dual Degree program, you’ll work closely with your peers both in the laboratory and in the boardroom.
Science and business are both increasingly global endeavors.
As a result, it’s more important than ever for you to graduate with meaningful international experience. During your fourth and fifth years in the program, you’ll be able to take advantage of our International Immersion Experience, through which you might spend 10 days exploring global business implications in Chile, China or South Africa.
You’ll graduate with a claim to two branches of the Notre Dame family tree.
According to The Economist, Mendoza’s alumni network ranks #4 in the world in alumni effectiveness and #9 in potential to network. But knowing the right people will only get you so far.
That’s why Notre Dame has developed career preparation resources and experiences that will equip you to succeed—no matter where your degrees take you.
During your time as an MBA / Science Dual Degree student, you might prepare for your career by:
- Participating in your career leadership course, which consists of three different phases: understanding the MBA hiring marketplace, identifying your core strengths and learning to market yourself effectively
- Benefiting from 1:1 coaching—tailored, individual career coaching that works with your schedule and your goals
- Conducting undergraduate research through one of Notre Dame’s 20 centers and institutes on campus
- Securing an internship that will help you discern your career path and gain valuable experience (100 percent of MBA students intern before they graduate)
- Networking with corporate representatives through hundreds of on-campus touch points each year
- Abbott Nutrition
- American Airlines
- Bank of America/Merrill Lynch
- Capital One
- Deutsche Bank
- Discover Financial Services
- FTI Consulting
- General Electric
- Huron Consulting
- Johnson & Johnson
- Liberty Mutual
- M&T Bank
- McKinsey & Co.
- Pacific Gas & Electric
- Procter & Gamble
- United Airlines
You don’t have to sacrifice your social life to earn a dual degree
While you’re sharpening your business acumen, building your research résumé and preparing for the next stage of your career, you’ll still have time to immerse yourself in the full Notre Dame experience by:
- Serving through the Center for Social Concerns
- Leading one of 30 MBA clubs or committees—ranging from Entrepreneurship to Marketing to Real Estate (more than half of MBA students are involved in at least one club)
- Attending IDEA Week, an innovation festival created by Notre Dame’s IDEA Center that hosts business, technology and entertainment events (past speakers and artists have included Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh, Daymond John of ABC’s Shark Tank, and the Chainsmokers)
- Play Bookstore Basketball, light a candle at the Grotto, rub Knute Rockne’s Nose at the Rock—no matter what your interest, there is a Notre Dame campus tradition for you
What You’ll Learn: MBA / Science Dual Degree Program course of study
During years one, two and three, you’ll focus exclusively on science, shift to MBA-only in your fourth year, and synthesize all you’ve learned in your fifth year, during which you’ll take both science and MBA courses.
Through classes like Macroeconomic Environment and Strategic Decision Making, you will learn how to share your discoveries in ways that encourage collaboration, advance learning and contribute to the common good.
The Five-Year MBA / Science Dual Degree program accepts applications on a rolling basis.
All Dual Degree applicants are required to take and submit the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). There are limited spaces in these programs, so we encourage you to take the GMAT and submit your application as early as you can.
|Round||Deadline||Decision||1st Deposit||2nd Deposit|
|Early Decision||Sept. 18, 2018||Nov. 2, 2018||Dec. 2, 2018|
|1||Oct. 16, 2018||Dec. 14, 2018||Jan. 14, 2019||Feb. 14, 2019|
|2||Jan. 8, 2019||Mar. 15, 2019||Apr. 15, 2019||May 15, 2019|
|3||Mar. 19, 2019||May 3, 2019||June 1, 2019||June 1, 2019|
|4||Apr. 9, 2019||May 10, 2019||June 1, 2019||June 1, 2019|
- Early Decision candidates are expected to withdraw their candidacy from other schools and provide a non-refundable $4,000 deposit.
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by the Mar. 19 deadline at the latest.
Candidates for the Five-Year MBA / Law Dual Degree program must apply to both the Law and Business schools independently.
Tuition & Aid
A Notre Dame graduate business education: A lesson in ROI
The Notre Dame MBA affords one of the best returns on investment of any top-ranked MBA program, aided by merit-based fellowships and the low cost of living in South Bend, Indiana.
There are many opportunities to interact with MBA students and staff both on-campus and in your hometown. Our team is excited to meet you, share our passion for Notre Dame and be a resource as you go through the MBA selection process.
Throughout the year, the Admissions team offers Information sessions, formal admissions interviews and special events on campus regardless of where you are in the admissions process. Learn more about the different options available!
Applying this year? Take advantage of an off-campus interview to meet with a member of the Admissions Committee in person. This interview will be added to your application before it is reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Off-campus interviews are typically offered in September through January. Check back for additional availability throughout the fall and winter.
Throughout the year, our team and current students will offer informational webinars and Q&A sessions to help you understand our community and the opportunities the ND MBA offers from the comfort of your home. View past webinars and look for updated content during the year.All Events