Our Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a one-year, 30-credit hour program designed to fit into your life as an actively employed working business professional, with courses taking place on alternating weekends at our downtown Chicago Michigan Ave campus. You will master analytics techniques for “big data” including data mining, data storage and manipulation, data visualization, statistics, modeling, optimization, and simulation.
As you learn to apply these techniques in a variety of business areas such as finance, operations, and marketing, your ability to use data in complex business decisions will grow. And, after graduating, you will approach business decision-making more rigorously and confidently while effectively communicating data findings to inform strategic business decisions.
“The emerging field of Business Analytics is about the art and science of transforming data into insights for better decision making. Successful businesses are intent on unlocking the value embedded in their data and are looking for skilled professionals to lead the way. I am excited to be leading the Mendoza College team that is meeting this need through a unique degree program.”
Academic Director, Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Working professionals with a minimum of two years work experience
- An undergraduate degree by the start of the MSBA program
- A sufficient comfort level with quantitative topics—for example a degree in business, science, or engineering or relevant work experience
- 12-month program based in Chicago at our Michigan Ave. campus
- Three, three-day intensive sessions at Notre Dame's historic campus
- Three credit hour practicum with a prominent company
- 20% of course content delivered online