MBA Programs: Executive MBA
- One Program Two LocationsNotre Dame’s historic South Bend or Chicago campus.
Innovative strategic thinking. Productive collaboration. Moral imagination. These are the skills of legendary leaders, the very skills Notre Dame’s Executive MBA—rated among the top 20 in the 2018 U.S. News and World Report ranking of MBA programs—was designed to hone.
Tailored to the needs of busy executives, the Executive MBA comes in two formats: a 17-month program that meets biweekly in downtown Chicago and a 22-month program that meets once a month at Notre Dame’s Stayer Center in South Bend, Indiana.
Both programs begin with Executive Integral Leadership, an intensive, weeklong exploration of your leadership style that will teach you how to maximize the effectiveness of your particular strengths and skills.
The Executive MBA curriculum integrates five focus areas that together will provide you with new frameworks and strategies for tackling age-old business problems, responding to emerging challenges, and seizing new opportunities.
- Location We are located on Notre Dame’s historic campus in South Bend and downtown Chicago, on Michigan Ave.
- Career Services Students entering the EMBA program have a wide variety of career needs and objectives. All are looking to accelerate and advance their careers. Some will do that with their current employer.
- International Experience Required international consulting project for 22-month South Bend and 17-month Chicago programs.
- Community A smaller class size and a common purpose yield a tightly knit community of learners.
- Typical Student Working professionals with a minimum of five (average 10+) years of significant management experience.
- Format 17 months in downtown Chicago, on Michigan Avenue. Classes meet every other weekend. 22 months in South Bend, at Notre Dame’s Stayer Center. Classes meet Thursday through Saturday once per month.
Who Enrolls in Our Classes
Leaders from this select list of companies have used a Notre Dame Executive MBA to achieve their own legendary advantage:
- Abbott Laboratories
- ArcelorMittal USA
- Big Ten Network
- Chicago White Sox
- Fifth Third Bank
- Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies
- JPMorgan Chase
- Lincoln Financial Group
- National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- PNC Investments
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
- Ulta Beauty
- United Airlines
- United Bank of Michigan
- US Army
- US Navy
- Whirlpool Corporation
Profile of the EMBA Class of 2019
17-Month Program (Chicago)
- 34 Average Age
- 12 years Average Work Experience
- 28% Female Students
- 12% Minority Students
Financial Services (14%)
Technology (12%) Top Industries
22-Month Program (South Bend)
- 37 Average Age
- 14 years Average Work Experience
- 23% Female Students
- 15% Minority Students
Financial Services (20%)
Pharma/Biotechnology/Healthcare (15%) Top Industries