Information Technology, Analytics, and Operations
Nick Berente’s research featured on how commitment to failing projects can be perfectly rational.
Alfonso Pedraza-Martinez on how to improve drinking water in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Corey Angst and Nick Berente partnering with Tel-Aviv University on gaming research, and moving Mendoza’s GAMA Lab forward.
Sarv Devaraj featured on how IT can impact working capital management.
Yoon Son and Corey Angst featured on how IT impacts university crisis responses.
- Master of Science in Business Analytics: offered in Chicago and in South Bend
- With the MS in Business Analytics (MSBA) from Notre Dame, you create impact. You understand the techniques and challenges of data while telling the stories of data in a powerful way. You have the unique skills and knowledge to access instant realities, build analysis models, create simulation scenarios and communicate recommended next steps.
- The MSBA program now offers a Sports Analytics concentration. In addition to the business analytics core, this exciting new concentration is designed to focus on sports analytics with courses on acquiring sports data, analytic techniques for athletic performance, as well as on both front-office and athlete-focused marketing concerns.
- ITAO Department MBA offerings:
- Our Business Analytics major provides future leaders with the skills to develop data-driven insights that support clear decision making and successful strategies.
- Our Supply Chain Management minor builds an essential understanding of the flow of goods and services in the modern economy, and how to harness it for competitive advantage.
- PhD in Analytics:
- The PhD in Analytics is a full-time, in-residence program designed to develop thought-leaders in the analytics space that are engaged in impactful, cutting-edge scholarly research that considers the ethical dimension of data and its usage.
Our Business Analytics (BAN) major, and Business Technology (MBTC) minor are in great demand from Silicon Valley to Chicago and around the world. In the digital age every organization is a technology organization, and they are hiring BAN majors and MBTC minors to lead digital innovation in every industry, including technology, consulting, finance, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and pharmaceuticals.
- Business Analytics Major: As a BAN major, students learn scientific, data-driven analysis of business operations. The Business Analytics major is oriented toward statistical methods and data analysis, focusing on topics such as predictive analytics and data visualization with a strong emphasis on statistics and mathematical methods. Students learn how to discover patterns, make predictions, tell stories and derive meaning from complex data sets. BAN Major jobs: Data Analyst (customer, market, financial, supply chain, etc.), consultant. Courses: R, Python, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, Data Management, Unstructured Data (for a full list of courses, see our full course list).
- Business Technology Minor: As a MBTC minor, students learn the fundamentals of solving business problems with technology. The Business Technology minor equips students with the skills to generate value with digital technologies. Students learn how to come quickly up to speed on the business applications of the continuous waves of new technologies, and how to use them to improve products and processes. The Business Technology minor explores how IT can help companies gain a competitive advantage in a digital economy. Students design and configure applications, deploy the latest tools to increase efficiency, jointly make information more accessible and secure, successfully lead a project and enhance productivity, and help organizations to ethically and responsibly achieve their goals (for a full list of courses see: course list).
- To apply for a minor in Business Technology please use this link to access the application.
Faculty & Research
ITAO Research Areas
- Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Applied Scholarship
- Tech and Data Ethics
- Healthcare Research
- Sports Analytics
ITAO Research Labs
John W. Berry Sr. Chair of Information Technology, Analytics, and Operations
Contact: (574) 631-6077 or email@example.com
Assistant Department Chair, Director of Undergraduate Studies
Contact: (574) 631-9356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: (574) 631-6183 or email@example.com
ITAO Industry Advisory Board
- Accenture (Josh Van Schaumberg, ’11)
- Accenture (Paul Loub, MBA ’01)
- Adobe (Mike Gunville, ’01)
- Amazon (Matt Prozaki, MSBA ’19)
- Bain & Company (Helen Sheng, ’17)
- BCG (Vince Montalbano, ’17)
- BMO Financial Group, (Ben Schack, ’03)
- Booz Allen Hamilton (Cutter Brenton, ’10)
- Civis Analytics (Joe McBrayer, ’09)
- Deloitte Consulting (Kevin McCarter, ’85)
- Deloitte Consulting (Meghan Roeder, ’09)
- EY (Joe Tsai, ’09)
- GE (Jenni Lankfer, ’09)
- Guaranteed Rate Mortgage (Ted Dowd ’11)
- IBM (Michael Mojica, ’89)
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health (Marcus Jackson, ’06)
- KPMG (Eric Parker, ’99)
- LinkedIn (Kristine Yuen ’10)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (Joe Nocera, ’97)
- Progressive Insurance (Mike Giberti, ’88)
- Protiviti (Gregory E. Hedges, ’81)
- RJ Reliance Consulting (Bill Harrington, ’92)
- RJ Reliance Consulting (Alex Kirkpatrick, ’12)
- Ringleader Ventures (Mike Bechtel, ’98)
- SAP (Phil Pegg, MSBA ’18)
- Snowflake (Maeve Donovan, ’17)
- The Action Network (Caroline Bernardi, ’14, MSBA ’19)
- ThoughtSpot (Angela Hooper, ’02)
- Trek10 (Andy Warzon, ’01)