Specialized Master's Programs: MS in Accountancy
- Everything you need for the Big 4
There exists a short list of the best Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) and Master of Accounting (MAcc) programs in the country. The MSA program at Notre Dame is on that list every year, and is known for its quality, rigor and focus on ethics. But perhaps more relevant to your future and your career than an annual ranking are the following facts and figures:
- Location The Mendoza College of Business is located on the University of Notre Dame’s historic campus in South Bend, Indiana.
- Career Services Students work one-on-one with career coaches and develop relationships with recruiters from national accounting firms – over 85% of our graduates launch their careers in public accounting.
- International Immersions During the spring semester, students have the opportunity to travel abroad with classmates for ten days in China or South America.
- Tracks Students choose to specialize in one of two tracks: Assurance and Advisory Services or Tax Services.
- Typical Student The MSA program is designed for individuals with a solid foundation in accounting – typically an accounting or finance major, with limited or no full-time work experience.
- Format The 10-month, 30 credit hour program consists of two semesters: fall and spring – students have the ability to begin the program in either semester.
Contact A Student
I love that in addition to receiving my Masters, I get to add new friends to my ND family, focus on the application of concepts instead of simply memorizing facts, and be CPA exam eligible all in the course of one year. The ND community is truly like no other!
I have been blown away by all that the MSA program and Notre Dame have to offer. I have grown, both intellectually and personally, with the help of our world class professors, my supportive classmates, and the rest of the our amazing Irish family.
From the moment you enroll as a Notre Dame student, you become part of a family. Making the decision to come to Notre Dame for the MSA program, even for just one year, is a lifelong decision that will provide you with endless opportunities for years to come.
The MSA program at Notre Dame is not only a program that advances your educational experience but it allows you to grow with people from different backgrounds. The program is a true family that builds life experiences in the classroom, volunteer work and extracurricular events. Notre Dame is a place to meet great people and continuing to build your own success.
The MSA program is an all-inclusive family comprised of students and faculty with all different backgrounds and diverse experiences to offer. We challenge one another on intellectual, professional, and personal levels to help one another grow into better versions of ourselves.
The Notre Dame family does not limit their teaching to business. Faith, ethics, and life lessons are also a large part of the Notre Dame education that you will retain for life.
Class of 2017 Placement by Region
Top Hiring Companies
- Andersen Tax
- Grant Thornton
MSA Class of 2019 Profile
- 84 Total Students
- 48% Female Students
- 9% Minority Students
- 22 Mean Age
- 3.54 Mean GPA
- 560-730 GMAT Middle 80% Range
- 16% International Students
- 55% Non-ND Undergrads
Notre Dame’s place on national alumni satisfaction surveys
National ranking – 2016 Public Accounting Report
Home states represented by recent MSA students
Typical number of MBA courses cross-listed as MSA electives
Percentage of curriculum comprised of elective courses
Percentage of the Class of 2017 that secured full-time employment within 6 months of graduation