Specialized Master's Programs: MS in Accountancy
- Everything you need for the Big 4
There exists a short list of the best Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) and Master of Accounting (MAcc) programs in the country. The MSA program at Notre Dame is on that list every year, and is known for its quality, rigor and focus on ethics. But perhaps more relevant to your future and your career than an annual ranking are the following facts and figures:
An open house for prospective MSA students on Friday, November 2
- Location The Mendoza College of Business is located on the University of Notre Dame’s historic campus in South Bend, Indiana.
- Career Services Students work one-on-one with career coaches and develop relationships with recruiters from national accounting firms – over 85% of our graduates launch their careers in public accounting.
- International Immersions During the spring semester, students have the opportunity to travel abroad with classmates for ten days in China or South America.
- Tracks Students choose to specialize in one of two tracks: Assurance and Advisory Services or Tax Services.
- Typical Student The MSA program is designed for individuals with a solid foundation in accounting – typically an accounting or finance major, with limited or no full-time work experience.
- Format The 10-month, 30 credit hour program consists of two semesters: fall and spring – students have the ability to begin the program in either semester.
Contact A Student
The MSA program brings together a strong cohort of intelligent, passionate, and driven individuals that motivate each other in and out of the classroom. The ND family makes the program an amazing experience and opens many doors for future success.
Being a part of the Notre Dame community means that you always have a support system from professors, advisors, and alumni who are dedicated to helping you reach your goals. The MSA program offers real-life experience that I know will be helpful later on in my career.
Notre Dame is more than just a school. It's a place where you will be challenged to exceed your limits every day. It's a place where you will meet life-long friends and colleagues. It's a place where you will forever cherish memories. Once a Domer, always a Domer.
I chose Notre Dame because of the countless opportunities available to students inside and outside of the classroom, as well as the outstanding alumni network. Being a student in the MSA program has been instrumental in my personal and professional growth and has brought me lifelong friendships. I feel blessed to be a member of the ND family!
In one word, Notre Dame is: Family. The MSA program exemplifies this trait through the valuable experiences it offers, the challenges it presents in and outside of the classroom and most importantly through the incredible support system it offers. In just one year, the faculty and MSA peers become family and Notre Dame quickly becomes home.
The MSA Program at Notre Dame is not just an opportunity to advance your technical knowledge. It is a chance to challenge yourself and others, ask questions, grow in faith, become a leader, and meet incredible people with the same aspirations. I am incredibly blessed for all that Notre Dame and the MSA Program has provided.
Class of 2017 Placement by Region
Top Hiring Companies
- Andersen Tax
- Grant Thornton
MSA Class of 2019 Profile
- 84 Total Students
- 48% Female Students
- 9% Minority Students
- 22 Mean Age
- 3.54 Mean GPA
- 560-730 GMAT Middle 80% Range
- 16% International Students
- 55% Non-ND Undergrads
Notre Dame’s place on national alumni satisfaction surveys
National ranking – 2016 Public Accounting Report
Home states represented by recent MSA students
Typical number of MBA courses cross-listed as MSA electives
Percentage of curriculum comprised of elective courses
Percentage of the Class of 2017 that secured full-time employment within 6 months of graduation