Specialized Master's Programs: MS in Management
- Where can you go?Turn your passion into your profession.
The Master of Science in Management is an 11-month graduate program for students who graduated with non-business degrees who have little or no work experience. The aim of the program is to bridge a student’s undergraduate work with its application in a business context by providing fundamental business knowledge and skills, all within the ethics-based approach to business education as only Notre Dame can teach it.
- Location The Mendoza College of Business is located on the University of Notre Dame's historic campus in South Bend, Indiana.
- Career Services Students work one-on-one with career coaches to build on their undergraduate skills to develop a personal brand that leads to a rewarding career.
- International Experience During the spring semester, students have the opportunity to travel abroad with classmates for ten days to China or South America.
- Community Each MSM class has an average of 50 students creating a close-knit, collaborative family.
- Typical Student The MSM program is designed for recent college graduates with non-business degrees and two years or less of work experience.
- Format The 11-month, 38 credit hour program consists of three terms--summer, fall, and spring.
Contact A Student
The MSM is a unique program where students form lasting relationships, interact with dedicated faculty members, and shape themselves into emerging business professionals.
The greatest thing about the MSM program are the limitless career opportunities available. From investment banking to corporate finance to consulting to anything else of interest, you can work in any industry with the MSM degree.
The academic side of the MSM program is exactly what I wanted: a business education for a diverse set of non-business backgrounds. It's everything that comes after the academics--the friendships and community--that makes this program special.
The MSM program has given me a great amount of exposure on how to succeed in the world of business. The atmosphere at the University of Notre Dame is extremely friendly and everyone has welcomed me with open arms. Pursuing my masters here was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
The MSM Program has given me a class that feels like a family, teachers that go above and beyond to help their students, and career coaches that genuinely care about your success. To get all of that at a place as special and renowned as Notre Dame was an opportunity I could not pass up.
MSM Career Paths
- Political Science at Notre Dame Advisory Consultant at Deloitte
- History at Marquette University Associate, Institutional Investments at William Blair
- Neuroscience at King's College Management Development Program at E. & J. Gallo
- English at Wake Forest University Commercial Real Estate Analyst at JPMorgan Chase
- Mathematics at Bryn Mawr College Global Quantitative Management Analyst at Bank of America
- Electrical Engineering at Notre Dame Consulting Analyst at Accenture
Recent Employers of Notre Dame MSM Graduates
- AON Catastrophic Risk
- Ascendant Strategy Management Group
- Baker & Shultz
- E & J Gallo
- Euromonitor International
- First Life Financial
- Franciscan Alliance
- Merchants Fleet Management
- Northern Trust
- Peerless Midwest
Profile of the MSM Class of 2018:
- 47 Total Students
- 590-720 GMAT Middle 80% Range
- 296-318 GRE Middle 80% Range
- 3.40 Mean GPA
- 23 Mean Age
- 49% Female Students
- 15% Domestic Minority
- 9% International
- 55% Non-ND Undergrads